October 11, 2019 | From the Principal’s Office
Every week we hear incredible stories of how Bible Center School makes a meaningful difference in the lives of our students and their families, and in the community. We call these Moments that Matter.
1. Weekly Chapel is Well Received
Students really relate to life lessons being taught in chapel.
- Parents are more than welcome to join us on Wednesdays!
- K-5th Grade: 8:10-8:40 AM
- The major themes of Identity, Relationship, Truth, and Celebration help our students focus on building godly character.
Why this Matters: Our theme for the 2019-2020 school year is “Story.” Here at BCS, we have the awesome privilege to teach our students the joy that comes from submitting our lives’ to God and letting Him design our story for His grand purpose. A purpose that will saturate our time here with eternal purpose and great joy… Something beyond what our students can even dream of.
2. It’s Been a Drama-Filled Week!
- It’s rare for students to have the opportunity to participate in drama at this level.
- Mrs. Brown, our drama teacher, has over 30 years of experience developing students’ performance skills.
- We are the only school in WV to bring students to the National Speech and Debate Tournament annually.
Why this Matters: Our students learn more than how to act on a stage. Our students develop confidence, creativity, and leadership skills that gives them a foundation for public speaking in any setting.
3. New zSpace Lab brings learning to life.
We are one of three schools in WV to have such an advanced learning platform.
- This new technology is so much more than a textbook. With zSpace, the pictures on the page come alive.
- zSpace curriculum is available on hundreds of topics for all grade levels.
- Students love making discoveries through exploration.
- Research proves that AR/VR learning experience enhances spatial memory which is crucial to developing creativity.
Why this Matters: We are only one of three schools in West Virginia with a zSpace Lab. Through virtual reality, our students have unlimited resources at their fingertips. Thanks to you, through our recent fundraising, we’ve been able to implement this cutting edge technology to enhance academic achievement here at BCS.
4. Sports contributes to the development of 8th grade leadership skills.
8th Grade Recognition Night celebrates our team leaders.
- We have over twenty 8th Grade student-athletes this season.
- The final games for the big WVCAT are on Saturday, October 12th.
- Come cheer on our Volleyball team at 12 PM and our Soccer team at 2:30 PM as both teams compete for first place at Calvary Baptist Academy in Teays Valley!
Why this Matters: We’re thrilled our soccer and volleyball teams are part of the West Virginia Christian Athletic Tournaments (WVCAT). Our students are influenced and coached to be leaders among their peers. Leadership on the field and on the court is why you will always see the RAMS play as one team.