Transitional KindergartenOffering the gift of time… when your 5-year-old needs another year.
What is Traditional Kindergarten?
A Transitional Kindergarten (TK) program offers stimulating, academically challenging learning experiences that are more mature in scope than the four-year-old preschool program offers but are taught in a less structured, more relaxed environment than traditional kindergarten.
Transitional Kindergarten follows the Preschool calendar, is in operation from 7 AM to 6 PM, and includes all lunches and snacks. Students must arrive by 8 AM. There is a Parent-Choice-Off Week with the Transitional Kindergarten program.
- Transitional Kindergarten is a “step-up” program with the primary goal of helping children who have reached the legal kindergarten age but are not developmentally ready for a highly structured kindergarten program. These children may not have had preschool experience.
- A quality Transitional Kindergarten serves as a “bridge program” for children who have completed preschool but are not ready to move on to kindergarten.
- Transitional Kindergarten grants children the gift of time for developing greater independence, learning to communicate ideas, developing social skills, and exploring the world around them.
- Transitional kindergarten offers a challenging full-day academic curriculum taught in a less rigorously structured classroom than traditional Kindergarten. Activities revolve around hands-on, activity-based programming.
- The Transitional Kindergarten would offer a classroom option rather than waiting another year, returning to preschool, or attending public school kindergarten for children whose Gesell test scores indicate a lack of readiness.
BIBLE CENTER SCHOOL
Preschool | Elementary | Middle School