December 13, 2019 | From the Principal’s Office
Every week we hear incredible stories of how Bible Center School makes a meaningful difference in the lives of our students and their families, and in the community. We call these Moments that Matter. -Principal Stephanie Schafer
As you enter this Christmas season, may you find yourself awakened to the hope and joy found only in Jesus! It’s easy to just go through the motions of programs and parties and to get lost in the hustle and bustle of shopping. Our prayer is that you and your family can reflect on the good news of Jesus and that “great joy” can overflow into every area of your life.
Behold, I bring you good news of great joy. Luke 2:10
Students Spread Christmas Cheer at Town Center Mall
Mrs. Malcolm led our students in an energetic medley of songs about Jesus and the hope and joy of Christmas.
- 200 BCS students, led by Mrs. Malcolm, sang Christmas songs in front of a large crowd on Thursday at the Town Center Mall
- Students were eager to show off their musical talent with songs they’d been practicing since September!
- Parents, grandparents, friends, and shoppers gathered ‘round to hear the singing about the real reason for the season – Jesus!
- The Christmas Program, Christmas Acts of Kindness Experiment (CAKE) is on Monday, December 16, at 6:30 PM, at Bible Center Church. You won’t want to miss it!
Why this Matters: Christmas is about the birth of Jesus and telling others about the hope found in Him. As students sang about the true meaning of Christmas, the message was loud and clear to the growing crowd that Jesus is the joy and hope this season. BCS faculty, staff, and students have a desire to point others to Christ in everything we do. May you be reminded that it is a Merry Christmas because God sent his Son to save us from our sins so that we may live with Him eternally. Now, that’s a reason to be full of joy this season!
Preschool Performance Points to the Cross this Christmas!
Over 350 people watched the “Cutest Pre-Schoolers in the Valley” in their annual Christmas Program. Thanks to the staff and faculty for all your hard work to pull off such a wonderful event!
- 85 preschool students put the “Merry” in Merry Christmas in Friday’s program.
- Students sang, rang bells, and moved to the Christmas music.
- The audience couldn’t stop smiling as they watched the joy of Christmas flow out of the three- and four-year-olds.
Why this Matters: BCS preschool students truly know and understand the Christmas story. Every year they listen with wonder and excitement as their teachers tell them the story of how Mary and Joseph traveled to Bethlehem, where they found no room in the inn. They hear about the stable full of animals, the shepherds, and the wise men that came to worship the one true king. But, most importantly, these preschoolers are taught about baby Jesus who came to save us from our sins!
Rain or Shine, You Can Always Count on the Car-Line Team!
Students, teachers, and administration personally greet students every morning with a friendly smile and a helping hand.
- The car-line team helps make the morning fun!
- Our students are taught to look for ways to serve others and the car line is just one area of service for our students to get involved.
- Jakob Tome and Spencer Cook noticed there was a need for students to serve in the morning car line and jumped right in to help!
- No matter what the weather is like, you can count on our morning car-line team to greet you with a smile and a “Good Morning!”
Why this Matters: For most families, many mornings consist of trying to “wake up” and having to “hit the ground running.” The mission of the car-line team is to make our BCS families’ morning full of joy as we start our day together. We want every student and parent to feel welcome and at home as soon as they drive onto our parking lot. Thank you to those who help on the car-line team in the morning to get students out of cars, help carry things that are too heavy, and build relationships that will last a lifetime with our parents and students.
Have a great weekend!